Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Facials

Yesterday Sara, Kris, Joni and I went to get facials. When we met with Joni on Sunday she mentioned that she was going to get one this week, and we decided to join her.

We went to a little salon that looked more like the Nurse's Office to me. There were four beds and each of us laid on one. We were covered up with a sheet and our hair was secured back with a headband of sorts. There was one technician (young woman) for each of us.

They washed our faces. They used a soft washcloth to remove the soap, and then added something wet and squishy - like a gel or lotion. For about thirty minutes they massaged our faces and used acupressure on our temples and sinuses. It was weird, but good, I think.

Then we had some sort of stinky mask (sea weed, maybe) for about a half hour. During that time we got a scalp massage and an arm massage. That was more weird than good - a lot of gentle pounding, I think. Finally, they removed the stinky mask, cleaned us up, and put some lotion on.

When we were done I wasn't sure that my skin looked any better. In fact, I thought it may have looked worse. But I think it was just the impurities being drawn to the surface, or something, because I came home and washed my face and went to bed. And this morning it looks great!

The whole thing cost 20 kuai and it was pretty good!

No comments: