Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My living room

So I charged the batteries in my camera for like five minutes. It was just long enough to take a few photos. Here they are!


This is my favorite batik. It's teal and white and orange and is a scene of houses and a boat. It cost 20 kuai ($2.50) and I love it!










This is my living room from the front entry way. You can see the door to the kitchen (on the wall with the mirror) and to the bedroom (the other door). The batik is hanging on the wall there. I also bought some flowers that are in that vase. I just found out, though, that generally people only buy white flowers for funerals. I got many weird stares when I was carrying the white flowers around the market. I guess they were wondering who died...
You can also see my furniture. I have a couch, a love seat and a chair. I'm thinking about finding some fabric to cover the cushions. The gold velvet is a little 1970's...
This is my living room from the kitchen. You can see the front door and entry way. You can also see my water machine. It's empty now, but I just called for more water. They deliver it and it costs 6 kuai ($0.75) for five gallons. It's a pretty good deal!

I'll write about the other rooms in my apartment later. It's a really nice apartment, and I really like it! The only drawback is that it's on the 6th floor and there are no elevators!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ms. Amanda said...

what a great apartment!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks! I love it! :)