Thursday, June 21, 2007

The year is almost over

Well, it's almost the end of my time here in China. I've avoided writing about it. I don't want it to seem like I have disliked my time here, and want to go. Because I have enjoyed being here. Not every day was good, but I learned a lot about another culture, and about myself.

In six days I will be in Guiyang. I'll spend the night there so I can catch my 8:00am flight. From Guiyang I'll go to Beijing; Beijing to JFK; JFK to Rochester. It's about 22 hours of traveling. But I'll be home, for good, at 7pm on Thursday, June 28th.

Between now and then I have one more final to give, and about a million finals to grade. My apartment is pretty well packed. I've shipped a couple of boxes to myself in NY, so I don't have much to pack. I'm washing my clothes for the last time (yay!), and still have to do sheets and towels. I just defrosted my freezer. I need to clean out my fridge and my cabinets. I'm not ready to leave, but I will be next Wednesday.

It's sad to say goodbye to my students. I've become attached to many of them. They are sweet, and make me feel like a good teacher. It's a nice feeling.

I'll try to write at least once more before I go.

I can't believe it's almost over.

No comments: