Thursday, April 27, 2006

Introductions

I think that the first thing to do would be to introduce myself.

My name is Elizabeth and I am getting ready to travel to Anshun, China for a year. I will leave in mid-August.

I just graduated from Taylor University in December. It took me a few months to find a job. But in one crazy week I got a job as a teacher's assistant and I met the China representatives. My current job is perfect for me: it ends in the summer and then I can go to China and not feel like I'm letting anyone down by quitting. And I get to work in a school, which I love. And I'm really excited to go to China. I'm so happy to be learning a new language and experiencing a new culture. This is such a great fit for me!

This is the list of things I need to do still:
[ ] Get my blood drawn for an HIV test to get into the country
[ ] Get my diploma from Taylor (even though I graduated they won't give me my diploma until I walk in the ceremony in May)
[ ] Sort through my house and pack boxes so that I don't leave my parents with piles of junk
[ ] Raise money (about $5000 I think)
[ ] Learn Chinese

I'm sure that my list will grow, but that's all I can think of right now.

Until next time,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Njara said...

Hi, you must be pretty excited. I've been teaching English in France on and off for the past 6 years. It's been a great experience but now I've had enough lol. Good luck with everything.
(my blog: http://ladyhellejn.blogspot.com