Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Palmolive Tomatoes

There is an episode of "Friends" that goes like this:


CHANDLER: I'm serious, let me do something, just not the turkey or the stuffing, nothing "high profile".

MONICA: Ok, let's see... Oh, the cranberry sauce, it is easy to make and no-one really cares about it.

CHANDLER: Tell me more.

MONICA: Okay, I'm gonna go check on something across the hall. You start by washing these (she gives Chandler a bowl with cranberries. Then, while she's going outside, she sees him with a bottle of soap in his hands) Not with soap!! (she leaves)

CHANDLER: You obviously haven't tasted my Palmolive potatoes!


That's funny because you would never think of washing vegetables with soap....

....unless you live in China.



This is a photo of my dishwashing soap. There is a picture of dishes AND of vegetables! There is some spinach, a lemon and a red pepper. This is because here people use the same soap to wash vegetables & fruits and dishes.










They say "boil it, peel it, or forget it!" I was so prepared for a year without fresh fruits or vegetables. But washing with this soap seems to be sufficient. I've eaten (washed) raw carrots, celery, cucumber, apples, tomatoes...and I haven't been sick yet!

I think that the picture of the tomatoes in the sink and the dish rack is hilarious. By the way - did you know that tomatoes float?



Well, that's all I have, I'll write more later!!

No comments: