Sunday, October 15, 2006

Chicken take two

Well, the chicken was a success.

Much like Chinese people, Chinese chickens have very little meat on their bones. In fact, laying on its back, this chicken was taller than it was wide. I couldn't even fit it in the (toaster) oven. So I had to lay it on its side. Crazy, eh?

The roasted chicken was delicious! I also made mashed potatoes and sauteed baby spinach. I even made gravy (which will not be a surprise to my family). It was so yummy.

After dinner I picked all the meat off the bones. I'll use it in quesadillas or chicken salad or something.

And then I boiled the bones with some onions, garlic, celery and carrots for chicken stock. It made my house smell so wonderful! I strained out the solids. I froze 4 cups in 1/2 c. portions for future use.

Iam currently making chicken noodle soup out of the rest. I added penne, carrots, some shredded chicken (from last night) and oregano. It is the best chicken noodle soup I've ever had!

Mmmmmmmmm.

So, the answer is "yes". The chicken was a success!

No comments: